Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How the Loner Becomes the Socialite

When I love and it is unreturned
or when I leap and get burned,
I transform into the loner.
I internalize things so I don’t hurt

anyone else around me due to
my mental state but I keep myself happy
eating comfort foods and partaking in my hobbies.

When I’m sad, I eat lots of chocolate (cookies and candy)
and anything with cheese (pizza and pasta).
I like to listen and write to R&B songs.
When I’m mad, I’ll rap, dance, or hit the gym.
I dance to Hip-Hop, Reggaeton, Bachata, and Merengue.


I’ve written my feelings in letters
to people in poems, songs, quotes and texts.
If I’ve tried to keep them in my life,
they've definitely gotten one or more of those.
I distracted myself taking pictures of nature or relatives.
I learned from the elderly and youth
when I asked questions and they answered them.

No comments:

Post a Comment